Ring-Buffer Platform independent generic FIFO buffer written in C language and optimized for embedded systems
Ring buffer is implementing generic FIFO buffer in C language. It is optimized for embedded systems with optional zero-copy operations between hardware and memory.
- Written in ANSI C99, compatible with size_t for size data types
- Platform independent, no architecture specific code
- FIFO (First In First Out) buffer implementation
- No dynamic allocation
- Uses optimized memory copy instead of loops to read/write data from/to memory
- Thread safe when used as pipe with single write and single read entries
- Interrupt safe when used as pipe with single write and single read entries
- Suitable for DMA transfers from and to memory with zero-copy between buffer and application memory
- Supports data peek, skip for read and advance for write
- User friendly license
- Sources and releases available on official Github repository
- Full documentation available
A full documentation with examples.
It is always nice to hear ideas from others. You are welcome to give a feature request or report a bug.
Official repository for OneWire-UART Library is available on Github.